8 in. (200 mm) classic chef's knife. Model 31071-200
Zwilling J.A. Henckels manufacturing started in 1731, and the 'Twin' symbol is one of the oldest trademarks in the world. Guaranteed for a lifetime against defects in materials and craftsmanship.
- (SCT) Sintermetal Component Technology; fused blade, bolster and tang
- High carbon, no-stain steel
- Polypropylene handles
- Rockwell hardness: 58° +/-2°
- Fully forged blades
- Full rat-tail construction
- Seamless handle
- Made in Solingen, Germany
Warranty: Lifetime against defects in materials and workmanship
- Sanitary, seamless, slip-resistant handle
- NSF approved, autoclavable
- Metal is highly resistant to staining
- The bolster, an integral part of the knife construction, provides balance, safety, and heft.
- Company longevity; founded in 1731.
- Wash knives with hot, soapy water by hand immediately after use, to prevent food sticking.
- Dry immediately with a towel.
- Never soak or store in wet location.
- Use silver polish to remove any discoloration.
- Use a steel for regular maintenance; angled at 20-25°
- Have edge re-ground when you can no longer keep it sharp with a steel.
For more information on knives, check out our Knife Tutorial